Follow these simple instructions and experience the luxury of a salon quality facial, right in the comforts of your own home.
- Wash your face thoroughly, using mild soap or cleansing cream.
- Clean your face, using an astringent to remove any dead skin, soap, or cleansing cream residue.
- Nourish your face using a facial mask. Cover the skin with a light, even coat, avoiding the area around your eyes; now Relax. Choose a mask with ingredients that are best for your skin type, i.e., dry or oily. Leave the mask on for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Try not to talk or move your face too much.
- Rinse you face thoroughly, using tepid water, and pat dry.
- Steam your face to clean out your pores, using a large bowl or sink full of hot water. If you want to add herbs to your water, you can. Chamomile is great for normal skin, peppermint for oily, and rosemary for dry skin types. Make a tent over your bowl using a large bath towel and lean over the water for 10 to 15 minutes to open up your pores.
- Rinse thoroughly, starting with warm water then slowly changing to cold water to slowly clean and close the pores. This is very important, especially if you're going outside afterwards.
- Moisturize your face with a light moisturizer. Massage the cream or lotion onto your face and allow it to soak in.
- Now smile! Your skin is cleansed, looking and feeling fabulous, and you just saved yourself $50.
Don't have enough time for a complete facial?!
Give yourself a mini facial....
Cleanse your face and put on a simple one ingredient mask, plain yogurt or avocado works great! Leave this on for about 10 minutes, then jump in the shower to rinse it off and steam open your pores. Rinse your face with some cool water, moisturize, and you're ready to go.